Steel Finishing Mill Case Study
Steel Finishing Mill Industrial Waste Water Treatment Facility Material:
- Primarily Iron Oxide and Calcium Carbonate Settled out in Clarifiers
- Incoming Slurry 10 – 35% Solids
Problems & Challenges
- Two Existing Vacuum Drums are Obsolete and One Already Out of Service
- Parts for Vacuum Drums Usually must be Custom Made
- Rising Maintenance, Transportation & Disposal Costs
- Cake Off Vacuum Drum 35 – 50% Solids, Sometimes Runny or Wet
- Wanted Newer Technology to Replace Obsolete Dewatering System
- Equipment Needs to Run 1.83 Tons D.W.S. Per Hour
Solution: Pilot Testing, Equipment and Support from Bright Technologies
- Bright Lab Tested the Customers Slurry and Issued a Report Showing 60-70% Cake Solids are Possible with our Belt Filter Press
- Bright Pilot Tested at the Customers Site to Confirm Lab Results and Establish “Real World” Parameters for System Design and Sizing.
- Bright Worked with the Owners Engineers to Develop a System Design
- Recommended and Provided a 1.2 Meter Belt Press & Controls
- Bright Trained the Owner’s Operators and Offered Valuable Process andOperational Recommendations for the Complete Dewatering Process.
- Established a Production Rate of 2.75 Tons D.W.S. @ 65% Cake Solids
- Can Fill a Roll Off Container in 2-3 Hours!
- Bright Technologies Equipment & Support Exceeded Expectations