Waste Water Treatment Lagoon Case Study
- Waste Water Treatment Lagoon – Michigan
- Village Lagoons had not been Cleaned in 35 Years
- Estimated 3,000,000 Gallons of Anaerobic Sludge
- Anaerobically Digested WWTP Sludge
- 2 – 6% Solids
- Sludge build up in the Primary Lagoon was transferring to the polishing lagoon and threatened to cause noncompliant discharges and DEQ fines
- Residents were concerned about Odors and Noise of Operations
- The Village wanted a Solution that was Turn Key and could be Implemented Quickly
Contract Dewatering from Bright Technologies
- 2.2 Meter Skid Mounted Belt Press, Sludge Grinder, Dredge and Mixing Tank.
- Bright Technologies handled all lab testing, transportation and disposal.
- Bright analyzed the site and developed a plan for proper equipment and placement that minimized noise and odors.
- Only one month required from setup to completion
- The Sludge was typically Dewatered at over 300 Gallons Per Minute
- Cake Solids ranged from 18 – 30%
- Most Residents Were Not Even Aware of the Dewatering Operations