High Density Extruders for Liquid Extraction
About the High Density Extruders
The High Density Extruder For Rugged, Reliable Operation
Sebright Products High Density Extruders were originally designed in 1992 to dewater wet rejects from the pulp & paper industry where they routinely run around the clock unattended. Moreover, this demanding application requires the equipment to accept a wide variety of materials and be durable and low maintenance. The High Density Extruder enjoys a major market share in the pulp and paper industry and because of this, many mills simply call it, the “Sebright”. Since 1992, The High Density Extruders have been found to effectively dewater and compress a variety of wet materials such as grinding swarf, wet fiberglass, plastic recycling rejects and packaged liquids. Our 30+ years of experience and continuous improvement has produced a very effective, low maintenance and user-friendly hydraulic ram press.
Proprietary PLC Operated ADCS
Automated Densification Control System
The PLC monitors & maintains both the compression ram and the discharge restrictor plate pressures. Proprietary control logic (ADCS) automatically controls the restrictor plate hydraulic pressure to allow material discharge after dewatering and compression parameters are attained. Therefore, this allows a wide range of material to be dewatered. Consequently, most competing equipment has only manually adjustable restrictor plate pressure adjustments which does not compensate for changing material properties and differences in friction. As a result, creates either low liquid removal rates or equipment jamming issues.
Proprietary Timed Pressure Management
The High Density Extruder Dewatering Cycle is programmed to increase pressure incrementally over time. In fact, this is the key to providing superior liquid removal, flexible operation and cleaner effluent liquids.
Timed Pressure Management does this by:
1. More time under pressure allows more liquid to escape
2 .Programmable Parameters allow optimization to the application
3. Incrementing the pressure from low to high allows the material to gradually dewater and creates a better solids capture rate.
Other equipment such as reciprocating ram presses and screw presses cannot duplicate both the superior dewatering and capture rate that our Timed Pressure Management cycle allows.
What Solutions Can Sebright Products Provide?
- Superior Wet Waste Handling Systems
- Product Destruction & Liability Control
- Material Recycling & Alternative Use Opportunities
- Improved Sanitation & Cleaner Work Environment
- Environmental Liability Control
- Opens the Door to New Partnerships
- Simple Rental and/or Lease Finance Options
Why Choose Sebright Products?
- Engineered Systems
- Guaranteed Performance
- Excellent R.O.I.
- Transportation & Disposal Cost Savings
- Available Factory Tech Support
- Lowest Cost of Operation Equipment
High Density Extruders Dewatering Applications:
- Pulp & Paper Secondary Fiber Rejects
- Pulp Mill Liquor Knots
- Metal Grinding Coolant Recovery
- Wet Food Waste
- Industrial Wet Waste Materials
- Fiberglass Insulation Waste
- Recycling Wet Waste By-Products
Features and Benefits
- Simple, Robust Design
- Hydraulic Ram Press
- Multiple Model Sizes Available
- Automated Dewatering Control
- Large Feed Openings Available
- Can Pack Direct into Container
- Programmable Dewatering Profile
- Timed Pressure Management
- PLC Modem or Ethernet/ Remote Troubleshooting
- Minimal Maintenance Requirements
- Low Power Consumption
- Low Downtime
- Superior Dewatering Capabilities
- Accepts Bulky Items
- Reduced Equipment & Complexity
- Optimized for each Application
- Superior Dewatering & Capture Rate
- Less Susceptive to Material Damage & Jamming