Weld/Fabricator Job Description – Sebright Products
Performs a variety of fabrication/welding processes used in the production of trash compactors. Checks and confirms work in accordance with job specifications, procedures, quality standards and checklists.
Include but are not limited to:
·Read and interpret bills of materials (BOM) and blueprints
·Layout and build weldments by hand or with use of fixtures
·Welds common metals of various shapes, sizes and thicknesses
·Assemble and weld components per drawing specifications
·Check dimensions such as height, width, length, holes, cutouts and ports against print
·Check welds for compliance to DTS standards
·Safely and properly operate forklift, hydraulic hoist, and/or other lift equipment
·Observe all company rules and policies, i.e. safety, attendance
·Maintain high productivity and quality workmanship
·Suggest design and procedure improvements that improve quality, productivity, and reduce cost
·Responsible for keeping work area(s) clean and free of clutter during work time and at the end of shift. ·Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
·Working knowledge of welding materials and equipment
·Ability to weld
·Ability to use various testing equipment to verify conformance to specifications
·Ability to read, write and do simple math
·Good mechanical ability
·Ability to accurately read tape measure
·Ability to read and interpret blueprints and bills of material
·Ability to safely and properly use a wide variety of shop tools, including hand and power tools to grind, bevel, fit metals together, and remove slag
·Ability to safely and properly operate a forklift and/or other lift equipment.
·Physical and visual acuity at a level to effectively perform duties. Be able to stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, squat and kneel. Be able to push or pull at least 50 pounds and be able to safely lift at least 40 pounds. Be able to reach and work over head.
·Must have high school diploma with some post high school vocational training or a combination of experience and training sufficient to perform the job duties
·Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
·Ability to follow directions in standard practices and procedures
Skilled manufacturing shop; exposure to moderate amount of dust, dirt and noise; ambient air temperature fluctuates seasonally.
Note: The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements and are subject to change as directed by management.
Paint Prep Job Description ~~ Sebright Products
Prepare parts and equipment for paint to include cleaning and degreasing, operating glove box type blast equipment, hand sanding and sanding with power sanders/grinders. Protect unpainted surfaces by masking. Utilize chemicals safely to prepare items for paint. Assist in facility upkeep. The employee is flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, and committed to delivering the highest quality of work possible.
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of work area at all times
- Prepare work orders with all pertinent information and process work orders to completion. Metal meets pre-paint specifications.
- Must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them. Safe operation of all equipment.
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Must be flexible – willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Must be able to work physically hard, able to deal with constant lifting, bending, reaching, crawling, climbing and balance while working on ladders.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Report to work on time
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills are required
- Capable of operating hand tools, drills, saws, sanders/grinders, fork lift, crane/winches, ladder , hand truck and other machinery/equipment as required.
- Capable of using basic hand tools, power sanders/grinders and other small power tools associated with body and prep work prior to painting operations.
- need to wear proper safety equipment to comply with the companies safety policies.
- Able to work in a team environment
- Keep prep area picked up and free of steel and tools, sweeping daily
- Follow safe operating and lifting procedures for overhead cranes
- Ability to obtain a fork lift license and operate according to safe operating procedures
- The ability to work well independently and possess self-motivation to get the job done.
- Trustworthiness and reliability (must be ready to start work at the time shift begins and work diligently under minimal supervision)
- The willingness to assist other departments as necessary based on workflows
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Accounts Receivable ~~Sebright Products
This individual will work independently and in a team atmosphere. Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring the company receives payments for goods and services and properly records the transactions by posting receipts and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales or services rendered
- Enter data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, fax or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank; totaling and recording the deposit amounts, filling out deposit slips and bundling the funds and slips; making deposits at the bank
- Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments and customers
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals; preparing reports
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
Education, Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred
- 1-3 years accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Customer service and negotiation skills